Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CNCAgent

High Speed Printing on the Tronxy X3 what mods are needed - beefing it up

1 post in this topic

Share your info on how you beefed up your Tronxy X3 to print over 100mm/s and what mods you used to beef up the machine. Detailed specs for firmware etc.

For more rigidity I'm looking into the strut diagonal brace mod. I've already done a smaller 3d printed brace mod, files are on thingiverse.

Must do: 

-Z axis adjuster, files are on thingiverse

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2166848

-Good belt tension is a must. Might as well print some belt tensioners. These are what I'm using:

-To avoid any layer shift, you may want to upgrade/replace your bearings. Especially for the Y axis. Any grit in the factory bearings can and will cause layer shift. 

-I'm using the flip mod. Makes life easier.

-If printing in pla at over 100mm/s or higher your going to need to raise your nozzle temp. I'm printing at 130mm/s in pla with a 245F nozzle temp. Slower speeds in pla, let's say 45mm/s would have a nozzle temp of around 200-215 for my particular filament brand. Any less any you may have poor bonding. I designed a 100mm x 100mm x .3mm test print in fusion that I destroy to test layer bonding. Other test prints are avail. on thingivers. Just be sure your layers are melting together well. Destructive print testing is necessary to test the bonding.

-For the bed I use a glass plate (dollar store picture frame). Hairspray is optional as a bond medium. If the glass is clean, and you compensate in your slicer for any z offset, you may not need hairspray at all. I'm using slic3r for a slicer and I level my bed using a feeler gauge. I have set the z offset in slic3er to the thickness of my feeler gauge, ex. -0.05 for a .05mm feeler gauge.

More bed and frame info:

-My drivers are tmc2130 configured for spi for the x, y, z axis. I use the a4988 driver for the extruder. I'm running the ramps board with an arduino mega 2560.

-I'm running steel wire reinforced belts on my machine, they are much tougher when compared to the factory rubber belts.

- I have a radial blower fan mounted next to my nozzle. Pics are here on cncheaven under blow some air topic.

-My ramps board is configured for the tmc2130 using hybrid mode which uses both stealthchop and spreadcycle. I'll post the firmware setting later if anyone wants them.

tronxy x3 braces.jpg

d3b8cb43c8555626c496001d088b2c49_preview_featured.jpg